Thursday, April 16, 2015

By: Daniel

I'll admit that Laredo will get sort-of boring after a while, just like anywhere else will get boring after living there a long time, and compared to HUGE cities like San Antonio, it is pretty boring. But a two hour drive in any direction will get you to San Antonio, Corpus Christi, South Padre Island, and even closer Nuevo Laredo. I know Nvo Laredo is dangerous, but this wasn't always so. Before the cartels starting going crazy it was a huge city with a ton of bars, clubs, festivals, "La Zona", and best of all it was CHEAP. Fundamentally I believe this is one reason for the lack of such places in Laredo. However I think because of the cartels cutting the source of entertainment there have been more movie theaters, clubs, etc. popping up. I'm not saying it's a REALLY fun place to live in but it certainly is getting better. And lastly all I can say is it all depends on personal preference. I'm 25 but I would much better prefer to spend my afternoon fishing with some friends drinking a few beers than spending it in a crowded bar with a ton of strangers. That's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment